Why Work at Aviana Global?
We believe in hiring the best talent- our team members are dedicated and hard-working- but talent is only part of the story. Our culture is also very important to us, which is why we continuously seek to strike a healthy balance between working hard and building relationships among our team members. Our employees work on team and group projects so the strength of interpersonal relationships becomes even more important. We foster a close-knit environment in which employees can be support systems for other fellow employees- both professionally and personally.
We coordinate team-building activities during our quarterly “All-Hands” meetings, which have been held at places like Dave & Busters, aboard the TikiBoat in Newport Beach Harbor, and local bowling alleys. We also participate in food drives, volunteer efforts at local charities, and various walks and runs.
To sum it all up, we think the work day is best when done with friends.
Voted one of the Fastest Growing Companies by OC Business Journal
Aviana Global Recruiting is a premier staffing and recruiting organization offering screened professional talent to a broad range of industries for both full-time and contract employment. We proactively recruit top talent from a variety of sources with a diverse palette of skills and expertise. Over the years we’ve developed a strong reputation for providing quality staffing solutions.
Voted on of the 2015 Best Places to Work in Orange County
Aviana Global was recently named as one of the 2015 Best Places to Work in Orange County. The awards program was created in 2009 and is a project of the Orange County Business Journal and Best Companies Group. This county-wide survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Orange County, benefiting the county’s economy, its workforce and businesses.
Contact us today and discover the difference Aviana makes. For more information, please call Aviana today or email email@example.com.
Due to growth we are seeking SPSS professionals to add to our team.
Junior Consultant, under guidance from a Senior Consultant, will be responsible for front-line implementation of statistical and data mining models to help Aviana and IBM clients (1) improve their profitability, (2) generate incremental revenue, (3) become more efficient enterprises, (4) gain new customers and (5) mitigate loss & fraud.
The consultant will accomplish these tasks by use of IBM-SPSS software, according to the CRISP-DM process (Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining). Consultant will help the Senior Consultant to define business problems, understand the data available for solutions, prepare the data, build the models, evaluate the models for accuracy and structure the deployment of results to positively impact the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
Aviana is hiring experienced consultants who have aptitude and interest in working in the field of predictive analytics.
– 2-5 years data mining experience, highly prefer experience with SPSS Modeler (or SPSS Clementine), and SPSS Statistics
– Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or MS degree a plus
– Familiarity with linear and non-linear modeling techniques.
– Experience in one or more of the following industries/specialties: retail pricing/pricing elasticity, hospitality rate fencing, financial forecasting, gaming industry experience, industrial engineering/operations management, risk management, marketing campaign analytics; proven expertise such as publication in a research or trade journal, – conference presentations a plus.
– Basic SQL code writing experience
– Business Intelligence user experience a plus, such as Cognos, BO, or Microstrategy.
– Financial forecasting user experience a plus, such as TM1 or Essbase.
– Ability to execute according to the Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining, or CRISP-DM
– Experience working with datamarts, disparate data tables, data cleansing methods, ETL techniques, model-building, statistical techniques, and various evaluation and deployment scenarios.
– Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative predictive analytics practice, both learning from experienced consultants and making proactive contributions to the learning environment
– Ability to travel
– Competitive salary, bonus and incentive programs along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, optical and much more 100% paid for the employee.
– Opportunity to work for a stable company that appreciates our people.
If you are an experienced SPPS Consultant, please submit your resume today. One of our Senior Talent Acquisition Specialists will call you soon to discuss this opportunity in more detail.Apply Now »
Cognos TM1 Developer – TM1 Developer- Sr. Cognos TM1 Developer – Sr Cognos TM1 Analyst – Cognos Analyst – Cognos Developer If you are an experienced Cognos TM1 professional, please read on…….
What is in it for you: – Competitive compensation package including a base salary, bonus structure and comprehensive benefits package.
– Ability to work for a stable and growing company with an established relationship in the Cognos TM1 space
– Opportunity for future promotion and the ability to be a contributing member to an appreciative organization. What is required for the position: – Solid experience with IBM Cognos TM1
– Experience in consulting within financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
– In additional to TM1, experience with other planning and/or budgeting platforms are a plus.
– Familiarity with IBM Cognos 8 BI platform is preferred
– Knowledge of relational database design and development
– Understanding and experience in TM1 cubes
– Experience in Oracle, SQL and related skills are desirable.
– Implementation of security in the Cognos environment is beneficial
– A degree in Computer Information Systems, CIS, MIS or related field
– Excellent communication skills What you will be doing: – Working with us and one of our fantastic clients on the Cognos team.
– Modeling using the IBM Cognos TM1 solution
– Collection of data, data validation and presentation of analysis through TM1
– Improvement and implementation of Business Intelligence infrastructure
– Coordination of communication between IT and Business Units
If you are an experienced TM1 Consultant, please submit your resume today. One of our Senior Talent Acquisition Specialists will call you soon to discuss this opportunity in more detail.Apply Now »
Predictive Analytics Engagement Manager
The Engagement Manager should have a strong background in predictive analytics, and SPSS in particular, and will have overall responsibility for exceeding client expectations through superior delivery and management of implementations. This role will be the client’s main point of contact as it relates to current and future engagements, and will ensure appropriate communication amongst key stakeholders. The Engagement Manager will possess an understanding of the client’s functional and technology needs, enabling this individual to effectively manage all aspects of the implementation from inception to deployment through to ongoing production, all with a client centric focus.
– Own the Account Development Plan on behalf of Aviana, managing the client’s implementation history and roadmap
– Lead the delivery and adoption of implemented solutions, managing clients through Sales Support, Scoping and Requirements Planning, Deployment and OnBoarding, Training, User Feedback/Needs Analysis and Ongoing Product Management
– Maintain contact and communication with all project team members and other participants to ensure conformance with requirements of each project(s) and client user expectations.
– Manage the client’s Accounts Receivable balances and follow-up to resolution
– Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form
– Evaluate and summarize weekly project(s) reports, identifying successful completions of milestones and deliverables, change management process and any problems or issues and any follow-up action required. Communicates status, issues and risks effectively to client and internal team members
– Create and maintain strong, resilient relationships with individuals at a variety of levels at the client organization and within internal teams
– Implement strong program management practices (Change Requests, Issue Management, Risk Management and Decision Tracking) and contribute to standard client implementation methodologies and management best practices
– Assist sales team during opportunity assessment and proposal phases of the service delivery process, particularly as it relates to deployment approach, timeline and deliverables
– Participate in sales presentations and customer calls, facilitate customer demos and participate in functional and technical client meetings
– Work to create the necessary business requirements and facilitate the iterative development process to successfully meet current and future client business needs
– Work cross functionally across the organization to gather feedback and requirements from end users with a focus on analytics and process
– Meet client commitments on-time and provide high-quality client-centric service
– Assist internal and external users/customers in using products and resolving/escalating user and technology problems
– Effectively manages the day-to-day team activities to achieve both client objectives
– Be the bridge between business and technology to ensure client satisfaction
– Professional, executive-level client presence
– Impeccable verbal and written comprehension and communication skills
– Effective decision making/problem solving skills, using sound logical judgment
– Ability to respond to frequent demands of multiple customers (internal and external)
– Energetic and positive attitude, highly motivated, recognized by others as a self-starter
– Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
– Basic understanding of Internet technologies
– 4+ years in a hands-on project management/delivery lead role for technical implementations
Education / Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math and/or Engineering preferred
– At least 8 years of experience in a technology solutions/software development environment
– MBA (or equivalent) preferred
– Relevant combination of education and experience
If you are an experienced Predictive Analytics Engagement Manager, please submit your resume today. One of our Senior Talent Acquisition Specialists will call you soon to discuss this opportunity in more detail.Apply Now »
Inside Sales Representative
We have an immediate full time opening for an experienced and dynamic Inside Sales Representative. This position requires strong one-on-one communication skills, and the motivation to succeed. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for serving the front-line of the marketing and sales process to prospect and generate interest in IBM’s Business Analytics software solutions and Aviana’s professional consulting, training, and support services.
The Inside Sales Representative will reach business targets / metrics through excellent telephone sales. This individual will develop his or her phone-based lead generation through the initiation of prospect calls, establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and prospective clients, and creation of qualified sales opportunities. The majority of the conversations will be outbound driven, with some elements of inbound sales via call handling, email, and website inquiry.
– Develop leads with prospective customers and existing clients by assisting with marketing efforts, such as webinars, trade-shows, exhibits, and other events
– Conduct cold-calling campaigns to identify new sales leads and convert to qualified sales opportunities
– Generate new leads and cultivate existing opportunities by answering website, telephone, and e-mail inquiries
– Collaborate with Inside Sales Manager and Account Executives to determine necessary strategic sales approaches, penetrate targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base as directed by sales team.
– Identify cross-sell & up-sell opportunities by checking customer’s buying history; suggesting related and new products and services; explaining technical features, etc.
– Emphasize product / service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports as needed.
– Deliver qualified sales opportunities to Account Executives and enter appropriate information into CRM system.
– Maintain and expand the company’s database of leads and contacts.
– Accomplish department and organization goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring additional opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
– Help maintain sales operation processes and IBM programs
Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
– College graduate (four year degree preferred)
– At least two years of telemarketing, business development, and/or sales experience
– Speak English clearly and fluently; excellent communication skills
– Strong cold calling abilities
– Ability to asking probing questions
– Ability to identify decision makers and pique interest
– Ability to get the prospective client to take the next step in the process
– Extremely organized and efficient
– Self-motivated and desire to take initiative
If you are an experienced Inside Sales Representative, please submit your resume today. One of our Senior Talent Acquisition Specialists will call you soon to discuss this opportunity in more detail.Apply Now »
Cognos BI Developer
Aviana Global Technologies is growing and we are looking for new team members who enjoy designing solutions for clients. If you are detail-oriented and able to communicate at a non-granular level and enjoy knowing that your work has significantly improved your client’s life, Then this job is for you.
We are actively recruiting for Cognos BI Consultants to support our numerous clients throughout the United States.
•8+ years relevant work experience
•Experience in Cognos BI development, transformer cubes and framework manager(version 10.x). Experience with Dynamic Cubes is desirable.
•Experience working with key business data such as sales, inventory, forecasting, financial reports and other business domains.
•Sound understanding and foundation of dimensional modeling and OLAP technologies.
•Solid SQL and PL/SQL skills
•Proficient in Active Reports & Mobile Reporting. Experience with RAVE visualizations is desirable.
•Strong experience in building Cognos Reports using Cube data sources (MDX reporting)
•Experience in Databases – Oracle 10g, 11g, SQL Server 2005/2008. Experience with Teradata, DB2 is a plus.
•Experience in ETL – Informatica or BODS or Oracle Data Integration or SSIS
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Sound judgment and decision-making, and the appropriate sense of urgency.
•BS in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
•Ability to work in small to large teams and ability to work independently on projects as required by project requirements.
•Experience with different levels of documentation – Requirements, Solution Design and Implementation documentation
•Excellent troubleshooting skills
•Experience with installation/ configuration and Administration tasks is a plus
•Participate in full development lifecycle within Cognos reporting framework from developing business requirements to QA and production deployment.
•Participate in Requirements gathering, design sessions involving JAD sessions during design, co-development efforts during development, coordination with QA/ UAT during testing and acceptance phase.
•Collaborate with outside team members and management to produce deliverables by gathering information and understanding the business needs and objectives.
•Assist with ETL processes, dimensional modeling, OLAP cube development, etc.
•Create and maintain technical documentation for Data Warehouse ETL processes and Business Intelligence reporting tools
What we offer:
Base salary, potential bonus and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401K and much more.Apply Now »
We have an immediate need for a Software Engineer to support our growing client base.
• Participates in the requirements gathering and design of detailed technical architectures for enterprise scale performance management, analytical and business intelligence (BI) solutions using industry-standard “proven” practices that are scalable and provide a reusable and extensible foundation along a well-defined pathway (“road map”).
• Applies systems analysis and design techniques to complex computerized systems in a broad area such as manufacturing, finance management, accounting or statistics, logistics planning, material management, etc.
• Responsible for recognizing probable conflicts and integrating diverse data elements and sources.
• Produces innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems.
• Determines client specific reporting, analytical, data management and technical requirements for BI and performance management solutions and translates them into and industry standard report specifications, scorecards, dashboards and multi-dimensional (OLAP) cube specifications for solutions development by leveraging Aviana’s productized frameworks or by using a customized client specific approach, as appropriate.
• Guides users in formulating requirements; advises on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised financial performance management, analytical or BI systems; analyzes resulting user project proposals, identifies omissions and errors in requirements, and conducts feasibility studies; recommends optimum approach and develops system design for approved projects. Interprets information and informally arbitrates between system users when conflicts exist
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related. Plus: 5 years of experience as Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Developer or related position with experience in design, development, implementation and testing of Data Warehouse (DW) space using Informatica , Relational Database design, Teradata, and Oracle
About Aviana Global Technologies
Aviana is a Predictive Performance Management company that has had a successful track record since its inception in 1994. Our mission is to partner with our clients empowering them to become more profitable and strategic through the optimal use of performance management for executive and operational decision-making power. For the last 20 years, Aviana has been at the forefront of leading-edge performance management solutions with an impressive array of clients including many Fortune 1000 companies in various industries including hospitality and gaming, manufacturing, financial services, retail and healthcare.
http://www.avianaglobal.com/Apply Now »
TITLE: Software Engineer
DUTIES: Participates in the requirements gathering and design of detailed technical architectures for enterprise scale performance management, analytical and business intelligence (BI) solutions using industry-standard proven practices that are scalable and provide a reusable and extensible foundation along a well-defined pathway (road map). Applies systems analysis and design techniques to complex computerized systems in a broad area such as manufacturing, finance management, accounting or statistics, logistics planning, material management, etc. Responsible for recognizing probable conflicts and integrating diverse data elements and sources. Produces innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems. Determines client specific reporting, analytical, data management and technical requirements for BI and performance management solutions and translates them into and industry standard report specifications, scorecards, dashboards and multi-dimensional (OLAP) cube specifications for solutions development by leveraging Aviana’s productized frameworks or by using a customized client specific approach, as appropriate. Guides users in formulating requirements; advises on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised financial performance management, analytical or BI systems; analyzes resulting user project proposals, identifies omissions and errors in requirements, and conducts feasibility studies; recommends optimum approach and develops system design for approved projects. Interprets information and informally arbitrates between system users when conflicts exist
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related and 5 years of experience as Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst or related. Experience in design, development, implementation and testing of Data Warehouse (DW) space using Informatica, Relational Database design, Teradata, and Oracle.
OTHER: Position requires travel to various unanticipated client locations throughout the U.S. with expenses paid by the employer.Apply Now »
Big Data Analytics Business Consultant
Our focus is on fostering a high performance culture, one that develops a top-notch talent pool with the skills and determination to deliver above and beyond. At Aviana Global Technologies, employees benefit from this approach with the best opportunities to succeed and fulfill their professional aspirations. They do so knowing that they are part of a responsible and positive organizational culture. Our business services groups consist of professionals with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. We are currently seeking a Big Data Analytics Business Consultant, to join our Orange County, CA office, with other locations considered.
As a Big Data Analytics Business Consultant for Aviana Global Technologies, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative analytical solutions using Hadoop, NoSQL, and other Big Data related technologies. Your duties will include working with our clients to help define their Big Data strategy, and translating their needs through the implementation of cutting edge Big Data analytical solutions in order to provide new valuable insights.
Aviana’s Big Data Analytics Business Consultants typically have multiple roles at client sites. Your role may vary across a diverse range of activities; you may work solely in development, be performing analysis through exploration of large volumes of data, helping architect and design a Big Data solution, or serve as a lead, or work in a pre-sales capacity.
• Ten years of data analytics experience in a professional services firm or similar environment
• Define Big Data strategy, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps
• Work independently, or as part of a team, to design and develop Big Data solutions
• Data wrangling of heterogeneous data and explore and discover new insights
• Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
• Mentor junior team members
• Assist business development teams with pre-sales activities and RFPs
• Help estimate and plan projects
• Readiness to travel Up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
• Proficiency in SQL, NoSQL, and relational database design and development
• Experience of data mining techniques and working with data intensive applications
• Proven experience with data warehousing and data modeling, specifically building/understanding star schema–based data marts
• Ability to learn new concepts and software quickly
• Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems
• Passionate about learning new technologies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Hands-on development using open source big data components such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, HBase, Flume, Mahout, Sqoop
• Experience in programming scripting languages such as Java, Python, Pearl, Ruby, Scala, Clojure
• Real-time analytics and batch processing
• Experience with R, SAS, MATHLAB
• AWS or equivalent cloud platforms
• 4–6 years of consulting experience
• BS, or equivalent, in Computer Science or an applied quantitative field. MS or PhD in Math
• Experience working with various verticals (e.g., insurance, utilities, manufacturing, financial services, technology)
• Statistical modeling and quantitative solutions
About Aviana Global Technologies
As a Premier IBM Business Partner, Aviana is a Predictive Performance Management company that has had a successful track record since its inception in 1994. Our mission is to partner with our clients empowering them to become more profitable and strategic through the optimal use of performance management for executive and operational decision-making power. For the last 20 years, Aviana has been at the forefront of leading-edge performance management solutions with an impressive array of clients including many Fortune 1000 companies in various industries including hospitality and gaming, manufacturing, financial services, retail and healthcare.
http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Aviana-Global-Technologies-EI_IE262309.11,37.htmApply Now »