Why Work at Aviana Global?
We believe in hiring the best talent- our team members are dedicated and hard-working- but talent is only part of the story. Our culture is also very important to us, which is why we continuously seek to strike a healthy balance between working hard and building relationships among our team members. Our employees work on team and group projects so the strength of interpersonal relationships becomes even more important. We foster a close-knit environment in which employees can be support systems for other fellow employees- both professionally and personally.
We coordinate team-building activities during our quarterly “All-Hands” meetings, which have been held at places like Dave & Busters, aboard the TikiBoat in Newport Beach Harbor, and local bowling alleys. We also participate in food drives, volunteer efforts at local charities, and various walks and runs.
To sum it all up, we think the work day is best when done with friends.
Voted one of the Fastest Growing Companies by OC Business Journal
Aviana Global Recruiting is a premier staffing and recruiting organization offering screened professional talent to a broad range of industries for both full-time and contract employment. We proactively recruit top talent from a variety of sources with a diverse palette of skills and expertise. Over the years we’ve developed a strong reputation for providing quality staffing solutions.
Voted on of the 2015 Best Places to Work in Orange County
Aviana Global was recently named as one of the 2015 Best Places to Work in Orange County. The awards program was created in 2009 and is a project of the Orange County Business Journal and Best Companies Group. This county-wide survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Orange County, benefiting the county’s economy, its workforce and businesses.
Contact us today and discover the difference Aviana makes. For more information, please call Aviana today or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to growth we are seeking SPSS professionals to add to our team.
Junior Consultant, under guidance from a Senior Consultant, will be responsible for front-line implementation of statistical and data mining models to help Aviana and IBM clients (1) improve their profitability, (2) generate incremental revenue, (3) become more efficient enterprises, (4) gain new customers and (5) mitigate loss & fraud.
The consultant will accomplish these tasks by use of IBM-SPSS software, according to the CRISP-DM process (Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining). Consultant will help the Senior Consultant to define business problems, understand the data available for solutions, prepare the data, build the models, evaluate the models for accuracy and structure the deployment of results to positively impact the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
Aviana is hiring experienced consultants who have aptitude and interest in working in the field of predictive analytics.
– 2-5 years data mining experience, highly prefer experience with SPSS Modeler (or SPSS Clementine), and SPSS Statistics
– Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or MS degree a plus
– Familiarity with linear and non-linear modeling techniques.
– Experience in one or more of the following industries/specialties: retail pricing/pricing elasticity, hospitality rate fencing, financial forecasting, gaming industry experience, industrial engineering/operations management, risk management, marketing campaign analytics; proven expertise such as publication in a research or trade journal, – conference presentations a plus.
– Basic SQL code writing experience
– Business Intelligence user experience a plus, such as Cognos, BO, or Microstrategy.
– Financial forecasting user experience a plus, such as TM1 or Essbase.
– Ability to execute according to the Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining, or CRISP-DM
– Experience working with datamarts, disparate data tables, data cleansing methods, ETL techniques, model-building, statistical techniques, and various evaluation and deployment scenarios.
– Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative predictive analytics practice, both learning from experienced consultants and making proactive contributions to the learning environment
– Ability to travel
– Competitive salary, bonus and incentive programs along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, optical and much more 100% paid for the employee.
– Opportunity to work for a stable company that appreciates our people.
If you are an experienced SPPS Consultant, please submit your resume today to Michael Walker – email@example.comApply Now »
Cognos TM1 Developer – TM1 Developer- Sr. Cognos TM1 Developer – Sr Cognos TM1 Analyst – Cognos Analyst – Cognos Developer If you are an experienced Cognos TM1 professional, please read on…….
What is in it for you: – Competitive compensation package including a base salary, bonus structure and comprehensive benefits package.
– Ability to work for a stable and growing company with an established relationship in the Cognos TM1 space
– Opportunity for future promotion and the ability to be a contributing member to an appreciative organization. What is required for the position: – Solid experience with IBM Cognos TM1
– Experience in consulting within financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
– In additional to TM1, experience with other planning and/or budgeting platforms are a plus.
– Familiarity with IBM Cognos 8 BI platform is preferred
– Knowledge of relational database design and development
– Understanding and experience in TM1 cubes
– Experience in Oracle, SQL and related skills are desirable.
– Implementation of security in the Cognos environment is beneficial
– A degree in Computer Information Systems, CIS, MIS or related field
– Excellent communication skills What you will be doing: – Working with us and one of our fantastic clients on the Cognos team.
– Modeling using the IBM Cognos TM1 solution
– Collection of data, data validation and presentation of analysis through TM1
– Improvement and implementation of Business Intelligence infrastructure
– Coordination of communication between IT and Business Units
If you are an experienced TM1 Consultant, please submit your resume today to Michael Walker – firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now »
Predictive Analytics Engagement Manager
The Engagement Manager should have a strong background in predictive analytics, and SPSS in particular, and will have overall responsibility for exceeding client expectations through superior delivery and management of implementations. This role will be the client’s main point of contact as it relates to current and future engagements, and will ensure appropriate communication amongst key stakeholders. The Engagement Manager will possess an understanding of the client’s functional and technology needs, enabling this individual to effectively manage all aspects of the implementation from inception to deployment through to ongoing production, all with a client centric focus.
• Own the Account Development Plan on behalf of Aviana, managing the client’s implementation history and roadmap
• Lead the delivery and adoption of implemented solutions, managing clients through Sales Support, Scoping and Requirements Planning, Deployment and OnBoarding, Training, User Feedback/Needs Analysis and Ongoing Product Management
• Maintain contact and communication with all project team members and other participants to ensure conformance with requirements of each project(s) and client user expectations.
• Manage the client’s Accounts Receivable balances and follow-up to resolution
• Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form
• Evaluate and summarize weekly project(s) reports, identifying successful completions of milestones and deliverables, change management process and any problems or issues and any follow-up action required. Communicates status, issues and risks effectively to client and internal team members
• Create and maintain strong, resilient relationships with individuals at a variety of levels at the client organization and within internal teams
• Implement strong program management practices (Change Requests, Issue Management, Risk Management and Decision Tracking) and contribute to standard client implementation methodologies and management best practices
• Assist sales team during opportunity assessment and proposal phases of the service delivery process, particularly as it relates to deployment approach, timeline and deliverables
• Participate in sales presentations and customer calls, facilitate customer demos and participate in functional and technical client meetings
• Work to create the necessary business requirements and facilitate the iterative development process to successfully meet current and future client business needs
• Work cross functionally across the organization to gather feedback and requirements from end users with a focus on analytics and process
• Meet client commitments on-time and provide high-quality client-centric service
• Assist internal and external users/customers in using products and resolving/escalating user and technology problems
• Effectively manages the day-to-day team activities to achieve both client objectives
• Be the bridge between business and technology to ensure client satisfaction
• Professional, executive-level client presence
• Impeccable verbal and written comprehension and communication skills
• Effective decision making/problem solving skills, using sound logical judgment
• Ability to respond to frequent demands of multiple customers (internal and external)
• Energetic and positive attitude, highly motivated, recognized by others as a self-starter
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Basic understanding of Internet technologies
• 4+ years in a hands-on project management/delivery lead role for technical implementations
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math and/or Engineering preferred
• At least 8 years of experience in a technology solutions/software development environment
• MBA (or equivalent) preferred
• Relevant combination of education and experience
What we offer:
• Competitive salary, bonus and incentive programs along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, optical, and much more 100% paid for the employee
• Opportunity to work for a stable company that appreciates their people
If you are an experienced Predictive Analytics Engagement Manager, please submit your resume today to Michael Walker – email@example.comApply Now »
We have an immediate need for a Software Engineer to support our growing client base.
• Participates in the requirements gathering and design of detailed technical architectures for enterprise scale performance management, analytical and business intelligence (BI) solutions using industry-standard “proven” practices that are scalable and provide a reusable and extensible foundation along a well-defined pathway (“road map”).
• Applies systems analysis and design techniques to complex computerized systems in a broad area such as manufacturing, finance management, accounting or statistics, logistics planning, material management, etc.
• Responsible for recognizing probable conflicts and integrating diverse data elements and sources.
• Produces innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems.
• Determines client specific reporting, analytical, data management and technical requirements for BI and performance management solutions and translates them into and industry standard report specifications, scorecards, dashboards and multi-dimensional (OLAP) cube specifications for solutions development by leveraging Aviana’s productized frameworks or by using a customized client specific approach, as appropriate.
• Guides users in formulating requirements; advises on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised financial performance management, analytical or BI systems; analyzes resulting user project proposals, identifies omissions and errors in requirements, and conducts feasibility studies; recommends optimum approach and develops system design for approved projects. Interprets information and informally arbitrates between system users when conflicts exist
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related. Plus: 5 years of experience as Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Developer or related position with experience in design, development, implementation and testing of Data Warehouse (DW) space using Informatica , Relational Database design, Teradata, and Oracle
About Aviana Global Technologies
Aviana is a Predictive Performance Management company that has had a successful track record since its inception in 1994. Our mission is to partner with our clients empowering them to become more profitable and strategic through the optimal use of performance management for executive and operational decision-making power. For the last 20 years, Aviana has been at the forefront of leading-edge performance management solutions with an impressive array of clients including many Fortune 1000 companies in various industries including hospitality and gaming, manufacturing, financial services, retail and healthcare.
http://www.avianaglobal.com/Apply Now »
TITLE: Software Engineer
DUTIES: Participates in the requirements gathering and design of detailed technical architectures for enterprise scale performance management, analytical and business intelligence (BI) solutions using industry-standard proven practices that are scalable and provide a reusable and extensible foundation along a well-defined pathway (road map). Applies systems analysis and design techniques to complex computerized systems in a broad area such as manufacturing, finance management, accounting or statistics, logistics planning, material management, etc. Responsible for recognizing probable conflicts and integrating diverse data elements and sources. Produces innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems. Determines client specific reporting, analytical, data management and technical requirements for BI and performance management solutions and translates them into and industry standard report specifications, scorecards, dashboards and multi-dimensional (OLAP) cube specifications for solutions development by leveraging Aviana’s productized frameworks or by using a customized client specific approach, as appropriate. Guides users in formulating requirements; advises on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised financial performance management, analytical or BI systems; analyzes resulting user project proposals, identifies omissions and errors in requirements, and conducts feasibility studies; recommends optimum approach and develops system design for approved projects. Interprets information and informally arbitrates between system users when conflicts exist
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related and 5 years of experience as Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst or related. Experience in design, development, implementation and testing of Data Warehouse (DW) space using Informatica, Relational Database design, Teradata, and Oracle.
OTHER: Position requires travel to various unanticipated client locations throughout the U.S. with expenses paid by the employer.Apply Now »
Cognos BI Developer
Aviana Global Technologies is growing and we are looking for new team members who enjoy designing solutions for clients. If you are detail-oriented and able to communicate at a non-granular level and enjoy knowing that your work has significantly improved your client’s life, Then this job is for you.
We are actively recruiting for Cognos BI Consultants to support our numerous clients throughout the United States.
• 8+ years relevant work experience
• Experience in Cognos BI development, transformer cubes and framework manager(version 10.x). Experience with Dynamic Cubes is desirable.
• Experience working with key business data such as sales, inventory, forecasting, financial reports and other business domains.
• Sound understanding and foundation of dimensional modeling and OLAP technologies.
• Solid SQL and PL/SQL skills
• Proficient in Active Reports & Mobile Reporting. Experience with RAVE visualizations is desirable.
• Strong experience in building Cognos Reports using Cube data sources (MDX reporting)
• Experience in Databases – Oracle 10g, 11g, SQL Server 2005/2008. Experience with Teradata, DB2 is a plus.
• Experience in ETL – Informatica or BODS or Oracle Data Integration or SSIS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound judgment and decision-making, and the appropriate sense of urgency.
• BS in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
• Ability to work in small to large teams and ability to work independently on projects as required by project requirements.
• Experience with different levels of documentation – Requirements, Solution Design and Implementation documentation
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Experience with installation/ configuration and Administration tasks is a plus
• Participate in full development lifecycle within Cognos reporting framework from developing business requirements to QA and production deployment.
• Participate in Requirements gathering, design sessions involving JAD sessions during design, co-development efforts during development, coordination with QA/UAT during testing and acceptance phase.
• Collaborate with outside team members and management to produce deliverables by gathering information and understanding the business needs and objectives.
• Assist with ETL processes, dimensional modeling, OLAP cube development, etc.
• Create and maintain technical documentation for Data Warehouse ETL processes and Business Intelligence reporting tools
What we offer:
• Base salary, potential bonus and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401K and much more.
• Opportunity to work for a stable company that appreciates their people.
If you are an experienced Cognos BI Developer, please submit your resume today to Michael Walker – firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now »
Regional Sales Director, Big Data
Regional Sales Director, Big Data
The Regional Sales Director for Big Data will need to evangelize the Aviana Big Data Analytics Platform and act as an ambassador for the company in the region. Aviana Global Technologies enables organizations to transform big data into business value with data management solutions to connect, analyze, and take automated action across their business operations.
• Achieving and exceeding revenue targets for the region
• Undertake direct prospecting activities on target enterprises, following up on leads generated from marketing campaigns as well as leveraging own network/relationships
• Develop a strong pipeline of deals through direct as well as partner field collaboration activities in the specific geography
• Utilize a business-outcome & analytics led sales strategy
• Follow-up on leads generated by marketing campaigns and inside sales activities
• Evangelize the Aviana Big Data Analytics Platform and act as an ambassador for the company in the region
• Help AGT customers gain significant business value from their big data assets and provide the necessary assistance and guidance to ensure their overall success
• Demonstrable experience in high-tech enterprise software sales working with leading software product or IT services companies with a record of over achievement.
• Demonstrate executive gravitas sufficient to engage negotiate and win new relationships at CXO level in our targeted partner markets.
• Previous knowledge of BI, EDW and ETL technologies
• Understanding of recent big data analytic trends and key vendors in the industry
• Broad knowledge of the Big Data market, including the business and technical characteristics of competitors focused on Hadoop and MPP (massively parallel processing).
• Considered a Subject Matter Expert in data and analytics.
• Help oversee the effective POC and Proof of Value efforts.
• Proven track record in selling & positioning IT solutions at a technical as well as business level
• Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
• Very strong presentation skills at the executive level
• Very strong written & verbal communication skills
• Team player with a positive attitude and good customer service skills
• High levels of self-motivation, adaptability, ease of handling multiple responsibilities and able to work on own with minimal supervision
• The role needs a high level of organizational and inter-personal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office & Sales Automation Tools (Salesforce.com)
• Able to respond to team objectives
• Able and willing to travel without restriction in the United States, primarily the west coast.
• Competitive salary, bonus and incentive programs along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, optical and much more 100% paid for the employee.
• Opportunity to work for a stable company that appreciates their people.
If you are an experienced Big Data sales executive, please submit your resume today to Michael Walker – email@example.comApply Now »
Software Engineer – Brea, CA
We have an immediate need for a Senior Software Engineer in our Brea, CA office.
- Gather requirements and define scope for business intelligence solution.
- Design, develop and implement business intelligence solutions using IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Suite.
- Develop metadata models (using IBM Cognos Framework Manager) that will be used for report and dashboard development using IBM Cognos.
- Design, develop and implementation of data integration and data management solutions using Microsoft Integration Services, IBM Datastage.
- Design and Develop workflows to extract data from source system applications (Clinical, financial and CRM) applications into Oracle/SQL Server data warehouses and data warehouse appliances such as Netezza.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of business intelligence/analytics solutions built using IBM Cognos BI.
- Provide support for QA testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Deploy business intelligence solutions to production environments.
- Responsible for design, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance and support of business intelligence/analytics solutions including data management, reports and cubes.
- Perform business analytics, systems analysis, data analysis and project management of developing and facilitating report for a wide variety of client organizations.
- Involved in the development of workflows to migrate existing code that use Oracle database as a data source to Netezza as a data source.
- Work on development of workflows to extract data from clinical applications into Netezza and/or Oracle data warehouses to support the client’s analytical requirements.
- Work on metadata development and report development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related plus 5 years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer or related.
- Experienced in design, analysis, coding and enhancements of existing and new applications.
- Skills required on Oracle Informatica, OBIEE, Cognos, Oracle, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator and Netezza.
Inside Sales – IBM Business Analytics (SPSS)
We have an immediate full time opening for an experienced and dynamic inside sales representative. This position requires strong one-on-one communication skills, and the motivation to succeed. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
Work from anywhere! Chicago and Los Angeles are preferred, but not required.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for serving the front-line of the marketing and sales process to prospect and generate interest in IBM’s Business Analytics software solutions and Aviana’s professional consulting, training, and support services.
The Inside Sales Representative will reach business targets / metrics through excellent telephone sales. This individual will develop his or her phone-based lead generation through the initiation of prospect calls, establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and prospective clients, and creation of qualified sales opportunities. The majority of the conversations will be outbound driven, with some elements of inbound sales via call handling, email, and website inquiry.
Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years previous B2B Sales Experience
- At least two years selling IBM Business Analytics (SPSS) – Must have
- Prospecting – Opportunity identification, Territory cultivation and management, Closing solution sales
- Self-Starter that can work with limited direction to achieve their sales quota
- Skills to develop relationships at all levels of client management, especially corporate-level executives
- Account Management – Interest in sales and working directly with clients
- Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, business aptitude, networking, negotiation, and technical skills
- Strong presentation skills – with the ability to communicate deep technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Typical tasks include defining the key business problems to be solved, formulating mathematical approaches to solve those problems, gathering of data to solve those problems, and finally developing analyzing/drawing conclusions and giving the solution presentations.
- English: Fluent Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Travel Required: Inside Sales but with a willingness to grow to Outside Sales then up to 50% Nationally
- Salary: Competitive Base plus commission
- Develop leads with prospective customers and existing clients by assisting with marketing efforts, such as webinars, trade-shows, exhibits, and other events
- Conduct cold-calling campaigns to identify new sales leads and convert to qualified sales opportunities
- Generate new leads and cultivate existing opportunities by answering website, telephone, and e-mail inquiries
- Collaborate with Inside Sales Manager and Account Executives to determine necessary strategic sales approaches, penetrate targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base as directed by sales team.
- Identify cross-sell & up-sell opportunities by checking customer’s buying history; suggesting related and new products and services; explaining technical features, etc.
- Emphasize product / service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports as needed.
- Deliver qualified sales opportunities to Account Executives and enter appropriate information into CRM system.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of leads and contacts.
- Accomplish department and organization goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring additional opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Help maintain sales operation processes and IBM programs
- Competitive salary, bonus and incentive programs along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, optical and much more. 100% paid for the employee.
- Opportunity to work for a stable company that appreciates out people.
If you are an experienced Inside Sales Leader, experienced with IBM Business Analytics (SPSS) software and solutions, submit your resume today to Michael Walker – firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now »
Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
Responsible for design, development and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions which includes all phases of the BI and IT systems development life cycle. Create data warehouse/ data mart/ Operational Data Source (ODS) databases. Create Metadata Models for enabling users for analysis to address a business problem. Review ETL scripts/ workflows/ schedules to load data into data warehouses, data marts, Operational Data Sources (ODS). Learn new software tools required for the job and update knowledge about emerging industry or technology trends. Create information communication procedures to be used by Aviana and clients during project execution. Develop applications, systems to ensure adequate security in analytical solutions. Document operational procedures or run books for maintaining the analytical applications. Guiding, Directing, and Motivating junior team members — Providing guidance and direction to junior team members in a project team, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance of up to 3 junior developers. Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others — getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks. Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time. Review Jr. Developers work such as Dashboards, reports for quality assurance and establish technical support applications and maintenance process. Create work estimations and task level planning and deliverables for junior team members and clients.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications or related and 5 years of experience as Programmer Analyst, Software Engineer, Sr. Business Intelligence Developer or related.
Special Requirements: SQL Server, Cognos, Crystal Reports, Oracle.
915 W. Imperial Highway, Brea, CA 92821. Position requires travel to various unanticipated client locations throughout the U.S. with expenses paid by employer.
How to apply:
Mail resumes to Aviana Global Technologies Inc.,
Attn. L. Nastasi 915 W. Imperial Highway, Suite 100, Brea, CA 92821Apply Now »